Friday, April 10, 2020

Dinner for a Pandemic 6

Grilled Ahi Tuna
Steamed Broccoli
Brown Rice with Onion, Garlic and Fennel 




Sautéed the onion, garlic and sliced fennel in olive oil added the rice and simmered with 1 cup chicken stock and 1 1/2 cups water. Brown rice never seems to cook here (altitude? mineral water?) but tonight it actually cooked. Put the broccoli on top of the rice in the last 5-10 minutes to let it steam. But the fennel didn't have much flavor...that was a wasted splurge.

Leon grilled the tuna that I got on sale at Sprouts yesterday.

Opened our last bottle of ALDI wine that we stocked up on last September when we were in California. A mild, sweet California moscato. Not bad for $2.49.

Spring is early - or at least some of the flowers seem early this year. The lilacs are in bloom as are some of the iris, which are my favorites.










3 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Beautiful flowers. Ahí tuna is wasted on me... especially since I won’t eat it.

Bob said...

Ahi is a got- for me. It's 8AM and now I want it for breakfast!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Lilacs are one of my faves too! Always takes me right back to childhood.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails