Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Dinner for a Pandemic 3

Grilled Turkey Cheese Burgers
with sautéd mushrooms and onions
and steamed cauliflower
We eat a lot of fresh vegetables but that usually requires at least one trip to Sprouts each week. So trying to cut back on trips to the market, on my last grocery shopping expedition I purchased the regular broccoli, zucchini, asparagus  - and two heads of cauliflower and two cabbages as they will keep better than most other veggies.

I already used one cabbage for a delicious soup of ham hocks, white beans and cabbage. We had that last week, but half is in the freezer for another meal.

I'm considering a trip to the store this week, but with a great deal of caution. New Mexico is still not considered an epicenter for the pandemic but as of this morning (April 8th) we have 794 cases, 13 deaths; 426 of those cases are in the Navajo Nation and 83 cases are on two Pueblos in our county.

I took a break from yard work yesterday and worked on my next book? story? novel? flop? writing exercise? The only good to really come of it was that my right shoulder/rotator cuff had a rest, so I slept pretty well without pain.

Leon is off to work this morning - he will be patrolling a wilderness area alone, which is a good thing, but VERY boring. I would offer to go along, but I am not allowed to ride in a government vehicle.

Till dinner...that other cabbage is waiting.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Carlos and I JUST talked about a trip to the grocers and when and how we'll do it.It;s the now-hopefully-not-permanent-normal.

We have 2500 cases here with 51 dead. But it's not a great increase from last week, so maybe we're seeing some positive strokes as my dad would say.

Stay safe .... that soup sounds dee-lish!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm making beef stew today.

Moving with Mitchell said...

Ooh, that burger looks SO good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails