Monday, April 6, 2020

Dinner for a Pandemic 2

I'm going to try to keep a little dairy of our dinners as we use what's in the cupboard over the next weeks. I always buy what's on sale in quantity (but not the junky pre-packaged stuff with ingredients you need a chemistry degree to decifer). So we have a little store in our garage. Should do for several weeks, except for the milk, eggs and fresh veggies.

Tuna Burgers and Leftover Breaded Eggplant and Cauliflower 
with Fresh Home Made Bread Rolls 


(I have about 20 pounds of flour on hand - I bought a lot of King Arthur when it was on sale about a month ago, however as I am running low on yeast I am keeping a starter in the fridge)


Tuna Burgers:

One large can of tuna (bought in an 8-pack at Costco weeks ago)
Chopped fresh mushrooms, about a cup (bought last Friday at Smith's)
Assorted crackers, wizzed in a small processor. (They've been in the cupboard for months)
2 eggs
Yellow onion, chopped (about a 1/4 cup or more)
Black pepper, garlic powder

Formed into patties and fried in a little vegetable oil in the cast iron skillet. Lettuce, tomato for garnish



Leon put a little horseradish and a slice of cheese on his. I had mine "plain" but made sure to sop up the tomato sauce from the eggplant and cauliflower parmigiana with another roll.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yum yum! I like all the poppy seeds on top of that homemade bun!

Moving with Mitchell said...

Sounds and looks delicious. And you score a 10 for presentation!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails