Sunday, April 19, 2020

Dinner for a Pandemic - 15

Bacon Cheeseburgers
Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion 
Fried Potatoes

I feel guilty. I don't really miss socializing that much. I am something of a recluse, no maybe that's too strong a word; I busy myself with projects and pass the time in mostly solitary pursuits and enjoy doing so. People tend to be interruptions. Phone calls are interruptions. I just really want to get back to what I was doing.

Some neighbors invited us to dinner. That was probably not a good idea as we are all supposed to be practicing social distancing.

We, Leon and I, explained that as we had both been out in public this past week, we could not guarantee that we had not been infected. (We didn't ask where they might have been.) So it was on us. We declined the invitation - to protect them. They understood.

So I don't have to feel TOO guilty about not socializing. I hope they will be more diligent about observing the proper ritual from now on.

Besides, as Sunday is our Saturday (no it's not some religious thing - Leon works Saturdays, so Saturday is our Friday, if our re-defined weekend makes any sense), I had planned to make bacon cheeseburgers and fries this evening.

I have been bad. What is with me? Buying beef? Yes, is was on sale at Sprouts, but I usually pass right by the beef. Maybe it is pandemic cravings. Burger.

As I had no rolls, I made some this morning.

Then we went for a walk and by noon we were doing a project...skirting the deck.

That's been on my to-do list for two years. And because it was a four-handed project, Leon helped - a lot. It is not completed but the major work is done.
That is a branch of a Juniper tree  
that we left growing when we built the new deck.





I am so lucky to have such a hubby. He is always ready and willing to help with my big projects, like replacing the fence in the back yard a couple of weeks ago.

So we worked through lunch until 5pm.

Then Leon cut up several potatoes - I had to get out the huge frying pan - for french fries. He put some bacon on the grill. I made the patties, sliced tomatoes, onions, lettuce and cheese. Leon did the grilling.

Benni was standing by for his little burger and any bites that might fly through the air for him to catch.

Bacon Cheeseburgers, LTO with Fries

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I haven't had a craving for a cheeseburger -- yet. I'm sure it will come in time. Those fries look damn good too.

Russ Manley said...

Bacon cheeseburger and homemade fries? NOW you're talking! Woof.

Moving with Mitchell said...

You do such beautiful work. I love when old trees are incorporated into new structures. And now I'm craving a bacon cheeseburger!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails