Monday, November 23, 2020

My Excitement for THIS Week

 I've never been crazy about Jello. Grandma would make it occasionally in the summer and freeze it in old jelly glasses. It was a treat on a hot day.


But now I never make Jello. Except on special occasions every three to seven years. And then, it must never be red Jello. Has to be yellow or green. 

Had to make some for dinner on Sunday. Because today I had my colonoscopy. If anything has ruined Jello (and it wasn't that great to begin with) is its association with a colonoscopy prep. 

Just the thought of Jello makes me gag.


.

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

Another thing I haven't had in two or three years is a Dunkin' Donut. Not that I don't like them, but they are pretty pricey for about a million calories of pure sugar and carbs.

But, hey, I got through the colonoscopy this morning and told Leon that because we could not go to a restaurant for breakfast, I wanted a breakfast sandwich and a couple of donuts.

Oh, the bacon, egg and cheese on a croissant was good, but devouring that jelly donut and the apple fritter was almost orgasmic.



 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, I've had many colonoscopies and those miserable preps (which are the worst part) over the years. I hope yours went well. You DESERVE that jelly donut and apple fritter!

But you know, I still like jello and go on a little jello binge every once and while, where I have it for dessert every night. I guess it's just kind of comfort food from childhood. Not even colonoscopy preps can ruin that for me, LOL!

anne marie in philly said...

I like only green jello. and I've never had a colonoscopy.

Moving with Mitchell said...

Oh that apple fritter sure looks good. Congrats on getting through another colonoscopy. Prep here was much simpler and much less unpleasant. I don't dread it so much anymore.

Frank said...

Please send my doctor the Spanish version of Prep, Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails