Tuesday, November 10, 2020

A Reality I Can Deal With: Food

 I spent a good number of hours in the kitchen today (but that is my normal, not an exception) making my own "Italian" version of moussaka. 

Made some breaded eggplant layered in a backing dish with a ground beef and tomato sauce (chopped onion, celery and carrots, garlic, diced garden tomatoes and canned tomatoes, basil and parsley).

Put a light layer of mozzarella cheese between the two layers of eggplant and then topped the casserole with parmegiano-bechamel sauce and bread crumbs. 

Baked it at 350 for about 45 minutes. Served with a hot Italian sausage and a loaf of homemade bread.

Leon and I ate half the casserole...had to stop, but could have eaten more.

The photos don't do it justice.





4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looks delicious!

Moving with Mitchell said...

I absolutely love moussaka and know I would love your Italian version.

Bob said...

Looks dee-lish! Comfort food!

Russ Manley said...

Mousaka . . . um, I thought that was a Greek flaky thing, no?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails