Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

My husband and I have had a blessed year. I'll leave it at that because I have no desire to make a speech about all I am thankful for. (I feel more inclined to take a vow of silence for an indefinite period of time.)

 Happy Thanksgiving to all. PEACE.

Some photos:

A hike to 8,500 feet on St. Peter's Dome Mt. New Mexico, near where we live.
Petroglyphs?




Cochiti Lake in the Distance



From the Forest Fire a few years ago
Hiked over a mile from the gate to the tower
Hiking a mile when you're already at 8,000 feet
(and 68 years old) is challenging.
Abandoned Fire Tower
I was sure Leon was trying to do me in
Fennel "Finnochio" from the Garden
for Thanksgiving Dinner
Pumpkin Ricotta Cheesecake, Apple Pie
Sage Bread








2 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Thanks for the pie and the breads. You know where to ship them! Every time) I've been in your 'high' part of the country I ended up with awful altitude sickness. The first time, I thought I was dying. I suppose I'd eventually adjust, but I can't imagine doing that climb!

Russ Manley said...

Great views and lovely baked goods. Hope you recovered enough from the hike to have a pleasant turkey day at home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails