Friday, June 24, 2011

Austerity

In these lean times I've taken to cutting my own hair.  Having endured years of bad haircuts, I can't say my self-cuts are half bad.  I've also stopped "tinting" as they say.


And it turns out I will have to cut more than my hair come June 30 when my contract runs out with the company I do work for part-time.  I will be on no-time soon.  Like all non-profits, they are also experiencing the effect of this unending downturn in the economy and, no doubt, their employee health care costs are most to blame for their budgetary woes.  I could go off on that tangent ...but Raulito could do it better.

I'm hoping the constant rain we've been having doesn't ruin my vegetable garden or I'll have to moonlight as a non-liscensed barber.

3 comments:

Craig said...

You did a decent job! Sorry to hear of the forthcoming end to your part time position. Hope something else turns up soon.

Stan said...

I think you look great! I do the same thing. Bought a professional Wahl hair clipper a few years ago for around $29.95 and it works great once you get the hang of it using the guards that are included. I used to dye my hair too (Just For Men) but gave up on that. My hair and goatee is about the same as yours is.
Sorry about the job situation. It's really rough out there now too so I wish you the best of luck with that.

Russ Manley said...

Good job, Frank, I admire your skill. I've never cut my own hair but it may come to that. I figure with a buzz cut like I usually wear, how hard could it be? The only tricky thing would be the outline in back.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails