Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day Weekend - Part 3 - Delirium

Just a few more rocks to go and some touch-up spots where there are gaps. We ran out of concrete ( after using 720 POUNDS of the stuff), so stopped and cleaned up the work area, then went out for a late lunch/early dinner at the Chowder Pot with Ed and Jeff.


Those Stones on the Top of the Corner Piece
Are Loose and Don't Belong There
I still have a few ideas...maybe embedding my old cell phone and an antique cassette player...some flatware and a few dishes...putting Mary on a half-shell on the very corner...or a building a grotto reminiscent of Lourdes complete with a fountain of holy water...Right now though, I'm sure delirium has set in and I'm dead tired.

4 comments:

Stan said...

Good job. Working in this heat and humidity? Ugh!

Bob Slatten said...

It looks beautiful. Congrats!

Mitchell is Moving said...

I'll comment here for this and the previous post: I love it! You guys are amazing — and your muscles must be amazingly sore! We don't have property for these kinds of projects anymore but, when we did, something like that would have taken us a month. And we were a lot younger! Like I said, you guys are amazing. Congratulations on a job well done.

Russ Manley said...

Looks good to me. Hey, why not just continue on up to the eaves and put a stone fa├žade all around the house? Shouldn't take you guys more than a couple weeks at the rate you work, huh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails