Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day Weekend - Part 3 - Delirium

Just a few more rocks to go and some touch-up spots where there are gaps. We ran out of concrete ( after using 720 POUNDS of the stuff), so stopped and cleaned up the work area, then went out for a late lunch/early dinner at the Chowder Pot with Ed and Jeff.


Those Stones on the Top of the Corner Piece
Are Loose and Don't Belong There
I still have a few ideas...maybe embedding my old cell phone and an antique cassette player...some flatware and a few dishes...putting Mary on a half-shell on the very corner...or a building a grotto reminiscent of Lourdes complete with a fountain of holy water...Right now though, I'm sure delirium has set in and I'm dead tired.

4 comments:

Stan said...

Good job. Working in this heat and humidity? Ugh!

Bob said...

It looks beautiful. Congrats!

Moving with Mitchell said...

I'll comment here for this and the previous post: I love it! You guys are amazing — and your muscles must be amazingly sore! We don't have property for these kinds of projects anymore but, when we did, something like that would have taken us a month. And we were a lot younger! Like I said, you guys are amazing. Congratulations on a job well done.

Russ Manley said...

Looks good to me. Hey, why not just continue on up to the eaves and put a stone façade all around the house? Shouldn't take you guys more than a couple weeks at the rate you work, huh?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails