Tuesday, March 19, 2024

About More Adventures in Health Care

 I removed the long post as I was concerned about repercussions from the Hospitals involved in the narrative. Here is just a brief post:

So we returned from a mostly (for me) sleepless vacation/trip to Arizona and California on Monday, March 11 after a grueling drive (I think anything over three hours is grueling) 


and an absolutely agonizing Sunday night when I had uncontrollable shivers followed by full body aches. I'm not sure what caused this except perhaps dehydration or exhaustion from lack of sleep, but I felt better in the morning. Sleep was evasive. 

But we were back in New Mexico on Monday afternoon for Leon to keep his appointment on Tuesday the 12th with the physician assistant who was to make sure Leon was fit for heart surgery/procedure on Thursday.

The scheduled procedure he had on Thursday, March 14th is called the Watchman. (see video).
Needless to say it is a bit scary having a foreign device inserted into one's heart. But the doctors are confident that this is the best course of action. It will prevent the need for life-long blood thinners and therefore reduce the possibility of blood clots.

After some very frustrating post-op issues all seems well now.

 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'll repeat my best wishes from the first post that Leon will have a quick and speedy recovery!

Russ Manley said...

Glad to hear all is well with you guys. Stay that way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails