Monday, November 21, 2022

A Few Words About Club Q

 There have been so many mass murders in this country and they all weigh heavy on my heart, especially those where school children have been gunned down. 

But when the LGBTQ community is attacked it wounds a different place in my heart. 

It brings back memories (and the feelings that go along with them) of all our community has gone through from before Stonewall and Gay Lib and the AIDS crisis and Marches on Washington and Matthew Shepard and Pulse and the personal struggles of every one of us. 

I thank the person(s) who stopped the murderer at Club Q. In some existential sense, in that moment, that person(s) saved all of our lives. 

I cry easily these days. What is happening to our world? I am old and I fear for those younger than me. 


Peace.

5 comments:

krayolakris said...

Well said. I wish I had answers. I cry daily.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The struggle continues.

Bob said...

While other shootings are sickening, this one is hate, and that's what angers me the most.
I am thankful for those who stood up and saved others.

Deb Sullivan said...

Tragic, will this hate ever stop? Seems like it’s intensifying, very sad. 💔

Russ Manley said...

On the heels of the Colorado shooting in a gay nightclub comes an even more deadly one in a Virginia department store.

Mass murder is now a daily occurrence in the United States. EVERYONE is a target now, not just the gays.

Of course the gun laws should be radically changed to protect the public.

But a larger question is, what else should be changed? Why does our oh-so-modern society produce so many remorseless killers of innocent people?

Conservatives do not want to address the first point. Liberals run from addressing the second point.

Nothing will change until both are addressed and corrected, is my opinion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails