Thursday, February 3, 2022

We Have Winter -Mostly Photos

 Just a few photos of our recent snow storm. Not quite New England, but pretty decent. Not much else to say here...

I've been working on a re-edit of my book for which I have recently re-acquired the complete rights. I am planning on re-publishing it, probably a PDF for free or perhaps installments here on the blog. Not sure at the moment. If anyone has suggestions, glad to entertain them.

I don't think I want to go the print/digital purchase route as that didn't work for me last time. I am not a self-promoter and print books require "marketing" for which I have no patience.

Anyhow...fighting with editing on Mac Pages is taking up my time as I try to stay off my feet due to a knee problem...osteoarthritis, lack of cartilage and a torn meniscus. The knee was the size of a small cantaloupe 10 weeks ago and is now just about back to "normal" but must be careful. I did go out to shovel snow...carefully.


Our Cheshire Cat 


Leon


The Giant Yuccas

Under the Ponderosa Pine

Front of House

Mom's Mary "Of the Snows"

Courtyard


Closeup of Above

The Jemez From the Ridge

So Many Junipers



So Many, Many Junipers - Top left - Sandia Mountain (Albuquerque) in the Clouds




5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Beautiful snowy landscapes! Love the Cheshire Cat! I hope your knee heals up soon and stops giving you grief.

Moving with Mitchell said...

The snow photos and views are beautiful. Wow. That’s a trifecta of knee problems. One of those would be bad enough. Glad it’s improving. (Stop shoveling.)

Bob said...

I love the snowy photos of the valley.
And the yuccas in snow are awesome.

Russ Manley said...

Great pics! I'm happy to report we had much less snow but more than enough to send us straight into hibernation.

Keeg said...

hello, wonderful photos! You can grow some similar trunking Yucca in Connecticut, there's a large wonderful Yucca Rostrata in Bridgeport. I saw your post about the Eastern Prickly Pear you planted back in the 80's on the Metcomet trail that has naturalized since! Really interesting stuff, do you still have the parent plants? I can only imagine how large that clump would be now... I am looking into helping re-establishing these cacti along their former native range on the coast where development has taken its toll,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails