Friday, January 21, 2022

Mastering the Art of La Pizza

 I have been making pizza (wrong) for like 33 years or more. Basically using my bread dough which is less hydrated than authentic Neopolitan pizza dough.

But just made my best pizza ever after watching this video several times.  (see below if you want to see an expert)

Despite the fact that my oven only goes to 500 F and I don't have a pizza stone (been there done that) and I was out of mozzarella because I put the last of it in my one-egg omelet for lunch!

It took 8+ minutes in the oven. Next time I will slip the pizza out onto the rack after 4 minutes to get the bottom crust more brown. 

I put three balls of dough into the freezer...I hope they will turn out as good. Thanks for the lesson, Ciao, Vito.




Granted, this is kind of an advertisement for a very expensive pizza oven, but Vito shows the proper technique. I am learning that hydration (ratio of water to flour) is the key. A 900 degree oven helps.

And if you want to see a REAL Pizza Oven being built you can watch this (in Italian, so you may want to turn off the sound). It looks like a real mess while he's building it, but the final result is ART.
 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, that pizza crust looks DEE-lish! And yes, wouldn't we ALL love to have a pizza oven, lol!

Moving with Mitchell said...

Pizza, one of the basic food groups. Yours looks delicious.

Adam said...

Looks delicious

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails