Sunday, January 19, 2020

Just A Short Political Rant

After reading/viewing the sparring among the democratic candidates these past weeks I am becoming fatigued, bored, disgusted and angry. "He said, she said, no, I didn't say." Blah, blah, blah. Sanders-Warren-Biden.

Sanders, (do I need to describe him?) just needs to go away as far as I'm concerned and unfortunately when he does, he will likely take his supporters with him...they probably won't vote out of spite.

Biden doesn't thrill me either, but his so called "cuts to SS" that the Sanders folks are screaming about, were, it seems to me from viewing the linked videos, in the context of an overall freeze on government spending - a proposal for fiscal responsibility - something the R's purport to be one of their principles but which democrats have actually tried and succeeded in achieving on occasion. Supporting a freeze on spending is not the same as CUTS in one program. And just because one supports a strategy does not mean that they are forever obligated to support that idea, even when time and circumstances change. Get over it.

Warren is acting like she tripped and just slid down the wrong rabbit hole into Never-never Land. Liz, get over it.

Pete is looking like a deer in the headlights. Get out of the way, Pete, or you'll be road kill.

I just wish we could all get past this pettiness and get unified. All our candidates have baggage of one kind or another, be it age, gender, sexual orientation, voting record, race, or personality. We don't have a candidate who can please everyone and fulfill everyone's fantasy of redemption. Get over it.

I'm afraid the democratic line-up is beginning to resemble the fight to the death of gladiators in the Circus Maximus. Unfortunately, whoever is left will be too wounded to face the lion. I don't think the debates are doing anyone any good. They are not debates but rather, "take the bait" and fight with one another. I'm disgusted.

They all need to get over themselves and do what is right for the democratic party, for the country and for our future. Just have a private meeting, decide who will run and the rest bow out gracefully. Yeah, I know, I'm a dreamer.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the debates. I watch out of a sense of duty, and the anticipation puts a damper on my whole day. At this point, Mike Bloomberg is almost looking like a viable candidate to me. I trust him to be able to take on Trump in a debate, and goodness knows he could out-spend him. I also admire his promise to financially support whoever the eventual nominee is. A reader in Philly.

Russ Manley said...

Agreed. Much as I hate to say it, the Democrats have got nothing going for them this time. Just one big bitchfest, and nobody's going to run out and vote for that. What exactly is the Big Plan the Democratic Party is offering? What is there to get excited about, inspired by? I've not seen or heard anything like that.

So I'm afraid Trump will win again, and we will have four more years of idiocy in the White HOuse, while the rest of the world falls apart and Putin spreads his tentacles further and further. The Dems at this point should be a united front spearheading the cause of Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

But they aren't. Sad, sad, sad.

PS - The Repubs have noting going for them, either. But they do have a demogogue who gets people fired up and cheering.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Vote Blue, no matter who!" Isn't that the slogan?

Frank said...

THANKS, Philly
I appreciate the comment and welcome to RR.

Frank said...

That's the bottom line, but it may not be enough.

I have not been able to comment on MY OWN BLOG for weeks...did some resetting of something that seems to work.

Frank said...

Yeah, I'm with you on that.

P.S. I have not been able to comment on MY OWN BLOG for weeks...did some resetting of something that seems to work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails