Sunday, January 19, 2020

Blogger Issues !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS SEEMS TO BE A SAFARI ISSUE...NO PROBLEM WITH FIREFOX

Dear Readers: I cannot reply to you!!!!

When logged into my google account I can access my blogger dashboard and can make new posts from there, but I cannot post a reply to readers' comments on my blogs when I go to "View Blog" or go to my Blog address directly. Reply post says Post as "Google Account" "Name/URL" "Annonymous" None of these options work. Upper right corner of blogs say "Create Blog" and "Sign In" - When I sign in (again) it is like I've done nothing at all - I still cannot reply to reader's comments - the blog/s does/do not recognize that I am the blog/s owner. There used to be a "New Post" option and my avatar would appear in the comment/reply section. I am having a similar problem with Disqus - I have to sign in for EVERY comment I attempt to post. I have gone through settings on the blog and safari; I'm at a loss. This seems to be a Google issue as it is the same on all of my blogger blogs as well as on Disqus.

I am using a Macbook Pro with iOS Mohave 10.14.6. I'm not sure if this may have started with the update to Mohave.

7 comments:

Frank said...

Still trying to figure this out

Frank said...

trying to reply using Firefox which seems to be working as long as I sign in - Safari is not even letting me sign in.

Frank said...

I don't know what I just did to Safari, but it seems to be back to normal.

Moving with Mitchell said...

If you have any idea what you reset, I’d love to know. This drives me crazy. Inconsistent, although it does seem to be related to upgrades... usually I’m now on Catalina. I use iPad and iMac. For blogger, I can now only comment/reply from Chrome (incognito) and only on my iPad. WordPress: private on safari and incognito in chrome, but suddenly 2 days ago, I could do so without going private or incognito. I hadn’t changed a thing! Argh!

Frank said...

OK, so now it's not working on Safari but seems to work here on Firefox with my Identity intact. So maybe it is a browser issue. If I make Firefox my default, it means doing some other things differently...I don't like change!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You might want to use Google Chrome as your browser when using a Google product like Blogger. Google can be rather pissily proprietary.

Frank said...

Thanks, will do if Firefox gives me a problem.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails