Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Saga Continues

OK. I have neither the competence nor the stomach to expound on Mitt's disregard for half the US population. I will limit my comments to this:  If the greedy corporations had created (living-wage) jobs as the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy promised, instead of eliminating jobs in the US and keeping more of the profits in their Swiss bank accounts and other tax havens, maybe more Americans would actually  be in a position to have money to pay taxes on.  Instead, the Halliburtons and Koch brothers line their pockets with the profits of war and Wall Street while unemployment, poverty and homelessness skyrocket.  Besides, there is another segment of some percentage who pay no taxes - the very wealthy who can slither through loopholes and launder money and deduct the cost of their hobbies and maintain off shore and Swiss bank accounts.

These disgustingly, obscenely wealthy Republicans and their supporters literally make me ill and reading and listening to news coverage of the political scene is, I am becoming convinced, not good for my health.

In addition, although I invariably run as fast as I can from conspiracy theories, I've read some disturbing reports and theories about the "anti-muslum movie" and and how certain political forces have been or are manipulating the violence and unrest to their advantage.  The possibility that only the most powerful individuals believe they can play chess with the world and that most of us are merely powerless pawns reveals a cynicism beyond belief.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have joined some secluded, mountaintop monastery years ago.



5 comments:

Stan said...

I know it's tough to watch but I love watching the Republicans hang thenselves and self destruct.

Cubby said...

I think sane, moderate Americans are peering through the GOP's dark mist and seeing them for what they really are: classist and racist. That's why the polls are finally breaking our way.

My hubby is a part-time conspiracy theorist. I have had to walk him back from the ledge on more than one occasion. I told him that if we were still living in Florida I'd "Baker Act" his ass. That usually shuts him up. At least for a while.

Russ Manley said...

I hear you, Frank. The thing is, Romney is still the spoiled, smug rich kid who cut off the gay guy's hair in prep school and has waltzed his way through life on a smile and daddy's money. He has not learned one fucking thing since he was a schoolboy.

If you ask me, HE's the "entitled victim" - that's exactly what his nonsensical remarks add up to, ya know?

Moving with Mitchell said...

I am again hopeful that Romney will not be in the White House in 2012. But, I have to admit, I think part of the reason I'm in Spain because is there are lots of monasteries nearby and the Republicans can't reach me here.

Moving with Mitchell said...

I am again hopeful that Romney will not be in the White House in 2012. But, I have to admit, I think part of the reason I'm in Spain because is there are lots of monasteries nearby and the Republicans can't reach me here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails