Friday, April 20, 2012

Ode To Dogwood - Cornus Florida

The Dogwood, Cornus Florida, (not Cornus Kousa, var. chinensis) is by far my favorite tree, and seems to be exceptionally floribunda this year.


The Dogwood is like a prayer.

 Most beautiful in bloom

 Its branches outstretched, embracing the sky

 Filling the senses with color against blue sky

 And filling the spirit and the mind with serenity

 A Zen Garden in a single tree

 A tree vibrant in its youth

 A tree majestic with cascading branches in old age

 Simplicity of form

 Simplicity of flower

 A prayer for Spring

 I pray with you pink and with you white

And thank you for sharing your beauty with us.

 Amen.

1 comment:

Russ Manley said...

What a lovely prayer-poem-tree. I love dogwood myself but the white kind are all I ever see down here. Both pink and white are magnificent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails