Sunday, November 6, 2016

Tired and Weary Of It All


Just saw the Frontline docu on Trump and Hillary. An eye-opener. Hillary may be power-hungry and make some bad judgment calls but Trump is a narcissistic, pathological liar and snake oil salesman.

I am afraid I don't share much optimism about our future. I fear it will take many, many years to recover from a Trump presidency and if Hillary wins, her victory will be a Pyrrhic one both for her and the Democratic Party.

The Republicans in congress are already plotting further obstructionism. 

And the "christian" fundamentalist religious right in this country wants to make the USA a theocracy (the Republican platform is their first major in-road) - no less than those we call terrorists, who are calling for fundamentalist islamic rule in muslim countries.

We are so weary of the partisan politics that any call to activism now seems drowned out by the howling winds of contention and sometimes I just want to tend my garden and walk my dog and enjoy the companionship of my husband and the world be damned.

Beware: all who seek or have enjoyed the security of "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" may soon feel very insecure.

2 comments:

Russ Manley said...

You've summed it all up in a nutshell, Frank. Win or lose, the Nasty Party with its fanatical, hateful attitudes is not going to fade away quietly, so where does the road go from here? I shudder to think.

Moving with Mitchell said...

I wish I could disagree, but I of course cannot. No matter what happens Tuesday, and oh dear god do not let it be in favor of that giant Cheeto, we will feel the effects for a long time to come.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails