Monday, August 25, 2014

Wickham Park - So Close to Home

Sometimes we don't even know what's practically in our own back yard. This place is just a 30 minute drive from us.

Wickham Park in Manchester, Connecticut has some very nice gardens. We were there for a Lambda Car Club Meeting and I took a very quick tour of the park to see a few of the gardens.

The English Garden was closed for a private party, but here are a few pics of some of the other gardens.

The pics were taken hastily and unfortunately do not do justice to the landscaping, color, arrangement and variety of plantings.

I'll have to go back when I can stroll and take pictures at my leisure.
















3 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

We lived in Connecticut for 7 years and never saw this park. Wow. If your gorgeous photos don't do it justice, the place must be truly incredible.

Bob said...

What a beautiful place. I love those kinds of gardens.

Stan said...

Looks like a nice place. I love those two Pergolas in the last pic. The Japanese one and the arch too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails