Sunday, December 5, 2021

A Holiday Popcorn Movie on Netflix

 A new Netflix movie for the holidays - "Single All The Way" - is cute and sentimental, and a little hokey and has a plot that seems familiar. Not a blockbuster but a nice light Rom-Com to get your mind off of the daily news of COVID, violence and politics. Here's the trailer:

 

I could offer a commentary (like what the movie would have been like had Nick brought Peter home to his family instead) but I'll let you all decide for yourselves whether it rings your sleigh bells.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, the classic "fake dating" romance trope! This looks pretty good actually. I think I'll give it a whirl. Love the spit take in the hot chocolate!

Moving with Mitchell said...

Yeah, still on the fence about seeing this. Gay cute, sentimental, and hokey is of more interest to me than straight, cute, sentimental, and hokey. But I don’t know if I have the patience for ANY cute, sentimental, and hokey.

Bob said...

We are a non-Netflix home so we won't see it. But y'all watch and tell me what you think.

Still, it has Jennifer Coolidge, so that's a win in my book.

Russ Manley said...

We might try this. I don't do Christmas movies but M.P. eats them up.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hey, I just finished watching this movie and enjoyed it very much! Yes, it is full of rom-com tropes but also has quite a few genuine laffs in it. And according to Wikipedia, it is a Canadian-made movie despite its setting in New Hampshire and its bigger-name American actors. All the other actors are Canadian and it was shot in Montreal apparently.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails