Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Watching Too Many "Pasta Grannies" on YouTube

And I've been watching a couple of other pasta makers on the web. So decided it was again time to make pasta from scratch.

I used one egg for every100gm of all purpose flour. Made a six-egg batch. Which produced about 60 ravioli and about 3/4 lb of tagliatelle (or a reasonable facsimile from the "scraps" after making ravioli).

The ravioli went into the freezer and we had the tagliatelle for dinner with a fresh tomato sauce from my San Marzano and Roma tomatoes from the garden.

Can't take a lot of photos while doing this...but here are a few:






4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

There's nothing like fresh pasta, is there! Delicious.

Russ Manley said...

Looks good. Wish I could send M.P. to spend a day in your kitchen and really learn how to make good pasta. A few years back, he got really interested in the topic - and over the years he already taught himself to make fabulous homemade breads, biscuits, croissants just like the ones I had in Paris, choux pastry, gnocchi parisienne (ooh la la!), etc., etc. So for Xmas one year I gave him an electric pasta roller and a book I thought looked like a good all-around guide (Making Artisan Pasta by Aliza Green).

But alas, after an enthusiastic start, he eventually gave up. He tried multiple recipes and techniques, but no matter what he did - and he is not at all an amateur with flour and water and kneading and rolling - all his pasta turned out hard and chewy - not good for old men with dental issues. Very discouraging. Maybe it's something you just have to learn from your Nonna, I dunno.

Moving with Mitchell said...

Wow. Very impressive. And looks delicious.

Frank said...

In lieu of a trip to New Mexico I highly recommend Pasta Grannies on YouTube. I am not an expert by any means. But after watching grannies I think I’ve got the technique pretty good. My mom made pasta infrequently but I remember the nuances of her pasta making.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails