Monday, December 23, 2019

Pressing Holiday Questions



I just want pose a few questions that have been puzzling me about the Night Before Christmas.

1. What exactly is a "sugar plum" and where can I get some?
2. Does anyone still wear kerchiefs? and aren't handkerchiefs un sanitary?

3. Is the correct verse "Had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap" or "Had just settled down for a long winter's nap."? And is going to bed for the night really a "nap"?

4. Does anyone besides a window installer, house builder or window washer even know what a "sash" is? It sounds like a flowing scarf that some flamboyant queen might wear.

5. Does new-fallen snow have breasts?

6. This is a major question: Why would Saint Nick have a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer? And doesn't Rudolph make nine?

7. Why is the "little old driver" also "chubby and plump"?

8. How many toys could fit in the miniature sleigh which was "full of toys and St. Nicholas too"?

9. What exactly made St. Nicholas laugh? And was the bowl full of jelly or Jell-o?

10. Not a question, but in any case,
Merry Christmas!

And speaking of dangerous windmills:




6 comments:

Russ Manley said...

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, Frank. Merry Christmas anyway!

Frank said...

Moving with Mitchell has left a new comment on your post "Pressing Holiday Questions":

I love that windmill. THAT would be brilliant for Christmas on a real windmill farm.

Frank said...

So I was on the iPhone, in the car and I accidentally hit "delete" instead of "publish" on Mitch's comment (above) and could no longer publish it because it was GONE. But I had the email notification, so got it there. Why is everything so complicated?

Frank said...

I know I may be simple-minded, but I'm not sure of what that means. There is a lot of stuff in my dreams and "philosophy" and a few people say I have no humor. It's just different.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hahahahaha, you are too analytical for your own good, Frank. But I'm old enough to know what a window sash is although you're right, I bet young kids today don't.

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and all the best for 2020!

Frank said...

I think you're the only one who kind of gets my humor. Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails