Thursday, September 19, 2013

Interjecting Some Frivolity In The Blogosphere

While I was on vacation I continued to peruse the blogs and there is always so much negative depressing, anti-gay, hateful news going around.

So I want to give you all a little escape from reality.

While I was going through my vacation pics and preparing some comments on the New Provincetown, MA, I happened to search for this movie - one of Leon's and my favorite escapist movies - on Netflix (to no avail) -  because our copy is on video tape and the VCR no longer works.

But someone put it on YouTube and I'm posting the link HERE. I imagine that it will not be there after the copyright owners find it on YouTube. This is the full hour and a half movie, unfortunately it is not in HD.

OK, folks, you're either going to love it or hate it.  It is so bad, it's good. It is so straight, it's gay. It is campy and funny and full of great lines, visual humor and eye candy (Jonathon Schaech). It's the Australian blockbuster (?) Welcome to Woop Woop by the same people who brought you Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

It's about an all but abandoned uranium mining town in the Outback that is inhabited by a group of residents that refused to leave when the mine was shut down. They avoid interbreeding by going out to find a mate and bring the person back to Woop Woop as a virtual prisoner. The town is ruled by Big Daddy and there are some interesting, to say the least, characters among the populace.


They are all stuck in time and have only two Hollywood movies that they watch: South Pacific and The Sound of Music. The movie is basically about Jonathon Schaech's character trying to escape the town and the wrath of Big Daddy.

If you decide to watch this movie - be sure to catch the clip after the ending credits. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Bob said...

I stumbled upon this one a couple of years ago.
Weird, wild, wonderful, funny stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails