Friday, April 1, 2022

Marijuana Legal in New Mexico...Something Like 52 Years Too Late For Me

New Mexico goes legal and it's not an April Fool's Day joke. 

Cannabis, marijuana, or as we used to call it, pot, is now legal in New Mexico. 

Personally I smoked more than my share of weed back in the 70s and spent many hours with my hippie freak friends listening to music and getting all philosophical and paranoid and spouting words of wisdom and frivolity.

That was when a an ounce was $20 and there were "dime" and "nickle" bags. I think they had just invented zip-lock bags for the purpose back then.



I remember saving some seeds from a particularly nice bag of pot and growing a few plants. I went up to the college town over the summer and planted the marijuana plants on a hillside near a lime quarry. It was just across the road from the rural college I attended. It turned out to be quite a crop ready for harvest when college resumed in the fall! 

I've always loved growing things.

We were "One Toke Over the Line" pretty often back then.

And here's one you never heard of. If you can suffer through this you might get high just listening to it without smoking anything...The lyrics are interesting to say the least...Wait for when the Captain walks around the wheel house....

The "Legend of the USS Titanic"

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, I hear ya, man! Canada legalized cannabis a few years ago but I have never taken advantage of the change in law either. I'm losing enough brain cells every day as it is -- I don't need cannabis speeding up the process, LOL! My pot-smoking days ended decades ago and that's just fine with me. Been there, done that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails