Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year

Happy New Year.

I guess doors are symbolic of New Years and New Beginnings and Looking Forward...



Being in a different time zone may have something to do with it, but it just doesn't seem like New Year's Day. After all, the ball dropped at 10pm and we missed it.

I remember the last time a New Year was a big deal. Y2K. The millennium, 2000.

That was when everything was going to come to and end, all the computers in the world would crash, the whole universe would be in chaos. Or not.

The agency I worked at was using a database provided by the State Health Department that actually DID crash. Luckily there was warning from the database designers, so we (I) were (was) able to transfer all our date into an Access file - so nothing was lost. On returning to work after January 1st I was curious to see whether the predictions were true. They were - the program was essentially zilch.

But this year is low key. Just going out to see the sights.

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, 5 fireplaces, 4 courtyards, 3 bedrooms, 2 parking spots and a ...... fill in the blank.
And a Mortgage with lots of Bank Fees











2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Fran! it's Liz Jackson (Hall) from your class in Rome. Just finished your book. It was such a touching account of your trials and triumphs. I look forward to keeping in touch. Saw you on FB! I'm Elizabeth JH there. Enjoy your trip.
Best wishes, always,
Liz

Moving with Mitchell said...

After ringing in the New Year either IN Times Square (once) or watching the ball/apple/ball drop on TV for more than 50 years, it's still very strange to be living in Spain. Is it actually a New Year if I don't see the ball drop?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails