Monday, March 24, 2014

A Few More Photos - Where In The World Are We Now?Our

We arrived by plane on Thursday, drove about eight hours to another state, then back 2 and a half hours on Sunday. Where we ended up, it was 3PM but we drove down the street to meet the guys in yesterday's photo and then it was 2PM. We ate at a little restaurant around six, spent an hour or more there and got back to our room at eight, I think.

We left where we were today and drove for about seven hours. 

No fair Googling the info and Zip Code on that sign.

Leon is trying to convince me to move here . . . or somewhere near here. There is no beach near here, so that may be a hard sell on his part.






Our Rental car

4 comments:

Russ Manley said...

Okay, I didn't cheat but just by the look of the landscape, I figger y'all are somewhere in a rectangle bounded by Las Vegas, Albuquerque, El Paso, and Yuma. Probably fairly close to the Mexican border, too.

In other words, you must be in Hell, because from my vantage point you look to be beyond West Texas, and Hell is the only place there can be past that.

Am I right? Do I get a prize?

PS - You guys would be MUCH happier settling in Florida. Anywhere south of I-4, you Yankee boys would feel right at home. I tell you what. And no state income tax!

Frank said...

Russ,
Figured you'd be more familiar with this territory than most, and it is a large stretch of land between Texas and Yuma and I guess "close enough" to hell for me, too. Will post more about our adventure later today or tomorrow.

As for Florida, except for a winter get-a-way along the coast, I pretty much find most of Florida ugly, suffocating and boring. The big cities like Tampa, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, etc. are wall to wall traffic, too many people, shopping malls, high rise condos, and did I say too many people?

Frank said...

Oh, and where did I say anything about a prize?

Moving with Mitchell said...

Looks like New Mexico, to me. Not someplace I'd want to live... but it's an interesting place to visit.

I think you should sell your house and move to Southern Spain. We have beach!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails