Monday, February 24, 2014

Taking a Break


I don't know if it is the fact that I've been stuck indoors a lot this cold, snowy winter, or if I just have too much time on my hands, but I feel like too much of my world is once again revolving around the blogosphere and the net: reading all the news that's wrong with the world, reading commentary from "professionals" and "amateurs" alike, and putting in my two-cents here and there, mistakenly thinking I'm giving a sermon on the mount when I'm merely whispering in a hurricane.

In addition, I find myself too often checking the blogs for stuff I've missed, for updates, for new comments, new stories, new videos, to the point of, dare I say, an obsession.

So, it seems to me that it is time to take another break. The house needs some serious spring cleaning (ok, it's not spring yet, but I'm definitely ready for spring), there are some projects to do, and I would like to work on some writing that's been stalled for a while.

These little breaks usually don't last too long and spring cleaning gets boring too, so I may be back sooner than later.

Thanks for stopping by. See you all soon.

3 comments:

Bob said...

BUT ... if you get your cleaning done and feel the need to do more and wanna travel south, I have some chores that need doing.


Or, you can just relax and reboot!

Russ Manley said...

Whispering in a hurricane - now there's an adroit turn of phrase.

I can totally relate - the internet makes it all too easy to be weighed down with the meanness and ugliness of the world. Enjoy your break, it will do you good.

Stan said...

See you later. Don't work too hard.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails