Sunday, July 30, 2023

Summertime, summertime, sum sum sumertime.

 

Just some news from Provincetown, MA

Getting nostalgic for the Cape. 

We will likely be going to California this year as it is 1,000 miles closer and as we will be driving, as vacation time is limited. California is nice, beautiful seacoast but Cape Cod is my happy place.

  

 

The National Seashore is a Treasure.  

 

We always loved hiking the dunes and driving out to the beach oversand with our truck.

This summer has NOT been at all like the summers I used to love. They may be a thing of the past.

 

 

  

 

  

 

 

5 comments:

Bob said...

The Northern California coast, above Monterey and then on above San Francisco, is gorgeous; one of my favorite places to go when I lived out there!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy California! Have a fun and relaxing time, you two!

Moving with Mitchell said...

When we lived in Boston and Connecticut, the Cape was our happy place, too. But plenty of beautiful places along the California coast.

Russ Manley said...

I suppose we all have a happy place we'd like to return to. Mine would be somewhere on the sugar-white beaches of Florida. But at this late age, I simply couldn't last 5 minutes on that hot sand under the blazing sun! We must enjoy our pleasures while we can.

Russ Manley said...

The Cape Cod videos were very interesting - I'd seen pics but had no idea of the topography there. A big, roomy playground for summer fun. I can see why you miss it so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails