Thursday, June 30, 2022

RANT - Verizon Sucks

 Where we live, Verizon is our only option. Otherwise I would change phone service immediately.

1) Checking our phone bill it seems we've been paying a $25 a month fee for "Device Protect" an insurance policy that we don't want or need (and which is probably worthless if one had a claim). How this ever got onto the bill I don't know but I can guess: Some Verizon salesperson snuck it into our plan because he/she/they got a nice commission for every "Device Protect" plan they could sneak into a customer's plan. Yes, it's our fault for not catching this sooner. I deleted it to save $25/mo. ...

Oh. but Verizon is adding a NEW FEE of $12 per month for increased costs!!!!!

2) My credit card informed me to update any vendor with whom I have automatic charges with the new expiration date. Piece of cake. NO. 

I called Verizon customer service. Verizon recognized my phone immediately. But I still had to go through several hoops but finally got a rep. She took the new information - SHE TOOK THE NEW INFORMATION - but then said I would have to verify it or verify something and I should check my text message to click on a "link" sent via text message to my phone.

I was already exasperated but did so. I clicked the link. The link then initiated a "Verification CODE" that was needed to complete the change to the credit card info...which was sent via text TO MY HUSBAND'S PHONE! He is currently at work, out in the wilderness somewhere checking trails and campsites.

Verizon SENT THE LINK TO MY PHONE ----- BUT THEN SENT THE VERIFICATION CODE TO MY HUSBANDS PHONE (because the primary account is in his name) ---- I cannot fathom how stupid  and criminal this phone company is.

THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD AND I'M ABOUT TO ALSO!


3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They certainly don't make anything easy for you, do they? Bastards.

Bob said...

I am knocking wood because we have AT&T and have been very lucky and there's nothing more frustrating than what you describe.

Moving with Mitchell said...

These cable companies have been that frustrating wherever I’ve lived. So angering.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails