Friday, October 25, 2024

10th Anniversary and Growing Old Un-Gracefully

  Today is Leon's and my Tenth Wedding Anniversary though it's been 36 years we've been together. 

I am eternally grateful for having met and wed such a kind, loving and devoted man with whom I've spent almost half my life.  I am a moody, crabby, anxious, introverted old guy with new aches and pains, hearing aids, knee and joint issues and a back ache. And hubby still puts up with me.

I just had cataract surgery on my right eye (the left eye was done three weeks ago) and I was not prepared for the the fact that I can see better for distance, but cannot see close without reading glasses. 

I got a pair of readers at the pharmacy but they are not quite right...And that right now is a royal pain in the ass because what I need until I get a new prescription (which I cannot do for at least 4-6 weeks) is a pair of bifocal reading glasses which are nowhere to be found in these parts but have to be ordered on line....

This has made me irritable and cranky. I am living up to my moniker "Cranky Franky" for sure...and not disposed to celebrate our Anniversary in style.

But it's early in the day so I'll get over it before Leon gets home from work. 

I think we will have dinner at home this evening and maybe go out to a restaurant this weekend to celebrate a bit more formally. 





 

The early years:





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails