Friday, November 3, 2023

Fakin' It

 I admit I listened to too much Simon and Garfield back in the 60s and 70s. I think their music is rather introspective and depressing but it seemed right for those those times. 

Remembering those times, I guess I'm feeling rather introspective and depressed.

 ...And I know I’m fakin’ it
I’m not really makin’ it
I’m such a dubious soul
And a walk in the garden
Wears me down
Tangled in the fallen vines
Picking up the punch lines
I’ve just been fakin’ it
Not really makin’ it
No, no, no Is there any danger?
No, no, not really
Just lean on me
Taking time to treat
Your friendly neighbors honesty
I’ve just been fakin’ it, fakin’ it
Not really makin’ it
This feeling of fakin’ it
I still haven’t shaken it ...
I know I’m fakin’ it, fakin’ it
I’m not really makin’ it
This feeling of fakin’ it
I still haven’t shaken it, shaken it ...

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

One of the first LPs I ever bought for myself in the 60s was Simon & Garfunkel -- loved them too!

Bob said...

I've always enjoyed S&G!

Moving with Mitchell said...

I’ve spent many a depressed day and night listening to Simon & Garfunkel. And I love them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails