Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valentine’s Day to my Love, my Husband, my Life Partner, Leon

Questionnaire borrowed from Bob at I Should Be Laughing 

Where you first met: I will say at the Rock River, Vermont but Leon says he met me when he and his then boyfriend came into the Gay Men’s Health Collective for HIV test.

How did you meet: He was on his way out from the gay beach after a thunderstorm at the River and we started talking; I said, “Wait a minute and I’ll walk out with you.” 

First date: Same day we met in August 1989; we decided to get a pizza in Brattleboro, he stopped at the ATM but the storm had knocked out service; I said, “My treat.”

How many years together: It was 32 years this past August.

Age difference: I am 14 years his senior.

Who was interested first: I think it was definitely Leon. The rest will be in my memoir, part two!

Who is taller: Leon by an inch

Most obnoxious in-laws: I refuse to answer as it may incriminate me.

Who said “I Love you” first: I really don’t remember, but it was most likely Leon.

Worst temper: I’m not sure I have so much a temper as impatience and grouchiness and orneriness; I can be loudly emotional and expressive. Leon is easy going but occasionally will blow a gasket or throw something when losing his patience with a piece of technology or machinery.

Most sensitive: I am most but Leon is becoming more or showing it more lately.

Most annoying habit: He begins a conversation in the middle as if I am privy to what was going on in his head up to that point; I get so focused on what I am reading, doing, thinking, so am oblivious to the last ten minutes of the conversation he’s been having without me.

Most forgiving: Leon is the most forgiving person I know. He doesn’t know the words grudge or resentment. I have learned some from his example.

Loudest: Leon will be heard.

Who has the most useless facts: Leon knows about cars, cars, trucks, engines, electricity, etc. Mostly useless info (as far as I’m concerned).

Funniest: Leon laughs at anything and likes to make silly comments; my humor is more sophisticated, of course.

Who wears the pants in the family: We really have a pretty equal say in decisions; we each have our expertise. Leon cars, mechanical things; me, dog, garden, kitchen

Most stubborn: That has not been an issue

Falls asleep first: Leon usually and hopefully without snoring.

Most impatient: I am definitely impatient and have a bad habit of always praying (Jesus Christ, this or that)
Better driver: The car guy. He can spot a pot hole a mile away and avoid it. Me, not so much.

Biggest neat freak: I am an organizer, Leon is a cleaner.

Most social: Definitely Leon. Will talk to anyone and everyone, even strangers, sometimes for hours. I will often take the long way just to avoid meeting anyone and having to talk.

Least likely to remember to do what the other one asks him to do: Not a big issue, but I am more likely to forget as my list is much longer!

Most competitive: Not applicable 

Best cook: I do 95% of the cooking and he would definitely say I am. Leon can cook if necessary.

Who is the handy-person: Leon is McGiver when it comes to solving a problem, fixing things that can’t be fixed, figuring out how to do something. I am good at things like landscaping, working with wood, concrete, stone.

Happy Valentine’s Day to all.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Nice to get to know more of you and Leon!

Moving with Mitchell said...

These are fun questions to consider. I enjoyed reading your answers.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like you are made for each other!

anne marie in philly said...

and here's to many many more happy years for both of you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails