Sunday, March 22, 2020

OK, So I'm 72

Did I just post that? I keep thinking I’m 27.

Kind of celebrated yesterday with Leon and two neighbors Linda and Angie.

Of course I had to make dinner for everyone and bake my own birthday cake, too.

Everyone liked the cake even though the frosting was a little bit runny. I added just a little bit too much black coffee and didn’t have enough ingredients to adjust for the extra liquid.

That’s my aunt Stella‘s recipe which of course I didn’t follow exactly.  I just winged the amounts. Cocoa, butter, confectioner sugar, vanilla, black coffee.

She always added black coffee to her chocolate frosting. That’s what makes it so good. But I never tell anyone that, especially if they don't like coffee.

Here’s what’s left of the cake. We were all scooping up extra frosting and mixing it with the whipped cream topping.

8 comments:

Bob said...

Looks yummy.
Happy Happy!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Birthday! That chocolate cake looks fitting decadent for a young pup like you!

Russ Manley said...

Well happy birthday, Frank, and many happy returns! The cake looks scrumptious.

I'm a few years behind you, but I too am astonished when I have to state my age, though I keep thinking I'm about 25 or so. Where did the time go?

Moving with Mitchell said...

Ooh, I'd lap up that frosting with a spoon. Yeah, I've finally reached that age where I'm always surprised when I say it out loud. Happy birthday, dear Frank!

Frank said...

Thanks for the wishes

Frank said...

Thanks. Chocolate is always delicious. Young pup, yeah, right!

Frank said...

Thanks for the wishes, young one.

Frank said...

I always marvel at how you keep your figure with all those Spanish desserts. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails