Thursday, June 6, 2019

Some of My Favorite Romantic Songs by My Favorite Artists

It's summer and thoughts of salt water waves, sandy beaches, romantic sunsets, fresh seafood, cruising the bay, driving over the dunes, and listening to beautiful music by my favorite artists takes over my thoughts frequently while living here in the high desert. Sigh.

Songs by Antonio Carlos Jobin, artists Laura Pausini, Gilberto Gil, Astrud Gilberto, Sergio Mendes are among my favorites.

Laura Pausini and Gilberto Gil alternate in this song which is so beautiful in the romance languages of Italian and Brazilian Portuguese. Gil's voice is sooo sexy.


I have never been to Brazil, but Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto transport me to a quiet, steamy nightclub overlooking Rio de Janeiro. Is it the saxophone that makes me feel so romantic?


Pure fantasy but I could put myself in the place of the morning sun....


Dindi, (pronounced chin-chi or gin-gee) ...telling stories that no one believes...


The English version of Seamisai (If you Love, You Know) is not what the Italian/Portuguese sounds like:
https://lyricstranslate.com/en/Se-ami-sai-If-you-love-you-know.html

Don’t say “no”, as I know you and I know
what you think
don’t tell me “no”.
It’s been some time now that I haven’t heard you
talking of love
using the future tense for us
and there’s no use in repeating to me again that you love me
because now that smile of yours in the mornings
has disappeared
because you don’t give me anything of yourself anymore.
If you love you know when everything is over
if you love you know, like a sad shudder
like a film whose scenes you’ve seen before
and that it’s going away now, oh no!
You always know when a story has concluded
and it’s not possible to make up more excuses
if you love, take my hands
as before tomorrow arrives
it’ll be over.
And it’s not possible
to close your eyes and pretend nothing happens
as you try and do when you’re by my side
and you don’t have the courage to tell me what’s going on
inside me it’ll be like a winter
night because
from now on I’ll be without you
If you love you know when everything is over
if you love you know, like a sad shudder
like a film whose scenes you’ve seen before
and that it’s going away now, oh no!
You know very well when the pain sets on
and the end of a love story has arrived
but if you love, take my hands
as before tomorrow arrives
you’ll leave, you won’t be
here with me

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

All very cool and atmospheric! Happy listening!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails