Thursday, June 4, 2015

A Little Something From The Garden or If It Ain't One Thing It's Another

I've done garden posts before but never with less enthusiasm. I don't know if it is just the emotional drain that has carried over from this past brutal, ugly winter or if I am just a tired gardener.

The flowers are sparser this season than usual and my photos not as sharp or studied.

I see the weeds growing and part of me doesn't care anymore. I won't use Round-up, a despicable poison that should be banned, so unless I get out there on my knees, the weeds will take over.



After the snow melt I noticed some standing water over our leach field and I knew what that meant. The septic guy checked it out, then brought the other guy, the one that installs septic systems. Looks like we will need either a new system or we my be able to rap into the sewer system of the adjacent town which part of our property abuts.

I don't know at this point how much damage will be done to the lawn or gardens, so I am just doing as little upkeep as necessary.
So I haven't roto-tilled or planted any veggies
New leach field or city sewer - Either way we're looking at $30,000 to $40,000 going down the drain, so to speak.

Which means tapping the home equity.

I wonder if we had known, would we have installed a new railing? Our friends said we overpaid for that, and that didn't make me too happy. Whether we did or not, it was not good to hear. But we have a railing, should we decide to sell, that would be required.
The new railing - so now our guests will not complain.
The Hostas waiting for the deer to munch on
The Mountain Laurel are just beginning to bloom

This is where they want to put the new leach field -it
is up the hill, above the septic tank
It means clearing trees and putting in a pump system
Can we say ca-ching?
I've gotten rid of some of my potted cacti -
too much hauling in and out every winter and spring


The trips to the garden shop have been fewer as well
Why is gardening becoming a domain
of the privileged and well-to-do?
It is often an idyllic setting - rustic and rough around
the edges - certainly not perfect

2 comments:

Russ Manley said...

Your happy little home certainly does look idyllic with those pretty flowers. Good luck with the plumbing problem.

Moving with Mitchell said...

I WOULD call that setting perfect. What an inviting place.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails