Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dinner Anyone?

Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog.  Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook.  As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat.  So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and an occasional dinner menu at our house.  I am somewhat "reluctant" to share this project right now because I'm not sure I can keep it going and I'm just an amateur cook, but caution to the wind.  The plan, of course, is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen.  It would be full of "Bleeps"!

Am I ready for critics?  Probably not.  I know my instructions are not always clear or precise.  Let me know if something doesn't make sense.

Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"


As an aside: does anyone have advice on advertising (Google, AdSense, etc.)  on your blog?  Pros, cons, advantages, disadvantages?

Only a few comments on the news: that web site with the words face and book is valued at 50 or is it 60 billion dollars.  The most valuable US company.  Sad, they produce nothing and sell air.  If the lights go out so does the 60 billion....

And the dreaded Republicans are coming.  To repeal everything.  And set up a new record of gridlock.  I won't be surprised if they attempt to repeal the Constitution.  Let me know.   I'll be cooking.

6 comments:

raulito said...

Well, you've got one fan already...and I happen to be a retired chef...all my recipes are for divulging, I don't have any secrets.

saludos,
raulito

Frank said...

No secrets here either...just reluctant because my methods are very rough and imprecise - not very "professional". But the results are usually pretty good.

Cubby said...

Oh I love to cook too. I'm checking it out now...

Russ Manley said...

"Cranky Franky in the Kitchen" - grin. I can totally see that on PBS, would be a smash.

". . . repeal the Constitution." - um, yeah why not? So we can get this country back to Biblical standards the way Jesus intended it to be. Hell yeah.

Which reminds me of something I read years ago in some conservative article about the First Amendment: "Well, it's only an amendment."

Right.

Russ Manley said...

PS - about blog advertising, I haven't found anything that works too well. I earn a tiny commission each year from TLA: about half a day's pay at my (former) job. Tried Google ads and the newly-integrated Amazon ads too, but even more miniscule returns.

Which is a damn shame, because wouldn't it be lovely to just sit back and blog all day, and make even a modest living off of it?

But then I've never been a good salesman; just don't have the knack. I'd say try all the above, maybe you will have better luck than me. (A tip: Amazon.com cookbooks and kitchen utensils would be a natural for your new cooking blog.)

Frank said...

Thanks, Russ.
I think I'll leave well enough alone, for now. Have you ever hit the "Next Blog" tab on the tool bar? And hit it again and again....there are literally millions of us...the Despair.Com Poster says it: "Blogging: Never Before Have So Many People With So Little To Say, Said So Much To So Few" (http://www.despair.com/blogging.html)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails