Thursday, January 20, 2011

Semi Working


Finally got some work this week.  It actually feels good.  It gives me some structure and purpose.  As much as I hated being chained to a desk in an office for years, the complete freedom of retirement is not quite as wonderful as it promised to be.  I'm not complaining, really, but I think it would be different if I had money to burn.  Spending three or four months in a warm climate is possible if one has both the freedom and the cash, unless of course, one lives in a warm climate.

But we are planning a trip before winter is over.  It won't be to a warmer climate, maybe slightly milder, but not warm.  More on that latter.

For now, a few grant applications and a report will keep me busy for a week.

2 comments:

raulito said...

I don't know if you experienced the same as I did. When I worked I had a cleaning lady come in twice a week, I had a pool service and a yard maintenance company. Somehow I managed then to find the time to do the things I needed and wanted to do. Since 2006 when my company outsourced my job I took an early retirement and although I managed to write one book in Spanish and painted a dozen paintings, the rest of the the three years have gone by without any accomplishments other than cleaning house, cooking for 7 people, pool cleaning and yard work. It is getting to the point that I am looking forward to returning to work.
Ah, yes and I am now poor. Only get Social Security since my 401K and my Pension all evaporated in September of 2008.
So I think I know where you are coming from.
saludos,
raulito

Frank said...

Looking out the window right now, I am grateful that I don't have to get in my car and commute through the snow and ice to work.

My non-profit jobs never afforded me the luxury of hiring a cleaning lady or a yard service, and well, there was never a pool in sight to worry about.

Cooking for two can get tiring...can't imagine cooking for seven on a regular basis. Bless you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails