Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nor'easter and I Can See the Lights

Its been a few days since the storm, but here are a few pics of us digging out.  Only about 8 inches of powdery white.  But it hasn't been above freezing for a week, and nothing is melting.  Winter in the Northeast is about as unpleasant as summer is pleasant.  Now, when I used to ski, I would have considered this Heaven.  Haven't skied in years however due to the fact that Hubby didn't quite get it, the cost has skyrocketed, and since I've had problems with both knees, I really don't want to chance it.  I settle for a daily hike in the woods up back.

Leon with the evil snowblower.


Front Deck


I get these ideas that never pan out.  Like driving up and down the streets looking for the best and worst of holiday lighting displays.  Especially those real tacky ones where they threw three sets of blinking lights any old way, with sections blinking out of sync.  Well, these are neither the best nor the worst and my photography skills are wholly inadequate.  I have a Canon 1080 with way too many features. Someday I'll learn how to use it.

Neighborhood Lights


Some folks should not be allowed to play with electric lights




Religious iconography at its finest.







2 comments:

Jeepguy said...

Looks like you guys got some weather similar to what we had a couple of weeks ago. We still have some of it laying around on the ground and got a couple more inches yesterday. Looks like we're headed back to the deep freeze again for a while. BRRR!
Stay warm, and happy holidays.
Gary

truthspew said...

That's ok. My good deed - we have a nice blog for the city of Providence called "Greater Cities Providence".

The guy on there posted pix of all the unplowed sidewalks on highway overpasses, etc. I picked up the link and sent it to my city councilman who happens to be the council president.

Lo and behold, all cleared and down to bare cement now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails